For those that know me and read this blog and Dan's blog will know that we got burgled in January. The gentleman that was responsible lives opposite us and has been arrested, charged, found guilty, served 3 months on tag and is currently serving a 1 year order.

They (for there was 2 of them) caused us some quite considerable trouble and cost us a lot of money. For several reasons which I will not go into here, insurances would not pay out etc and we lost a motor vehicle through it. We had to take a loan out to replace the vehicle, we had to buy a new front door and we lost approximately £2,000 worth of electrical goods and bits and pieces. Now we got a few bits back but not a lot. On top of that the emotional trauma suffered by Kerry was huge. As well as replacing all the stuff and replacing the door, we had to install an alarm as well.

So, after a while Kerry got a little bit better, and was feeling more comfortable at home, when all of a sudden, out of the blue, our property started coming under attack. First the new vehicle we had bought (new to us, not new new) got vandalised. It now has a couple of scratches one of which is through to the metal all the way down the passenger side. Then our doorbell got stolen (I know petty), and then I went to pick Kerry up one evening, on returning home the front of our house had been covered in Curry sauce.

All of this has been reported to the police. As yet no one knows who is responsible and to be fair we are not likely to find out, I don't blame the police, they feel as helpless as I do in this situation.
One of the things that we have now had to do is place CCTV cameras on our property (at the recommendation of the police) to try and a) catch who ever is doing it and b) deter whoever is doing it from striking again. Now this seems to be working, as nothing has happened since they have been placed in the windows (at a cost to ourselves).

Today I returned home from work to be confronted by the father of the lad who burgled our house demanding to know why we have CCTV cameras and accusing us of pointing them at his house and spying on him. He implied that I should be embarrassed by being robbed and the actions of his son is not his fault. He feels persecuted and does not think it is fair, even though he admitted to breaking the law to me on several occasions. He followed me to my house and kept on and on that we were filming his house (and yes admittedly the cameras do look like they point in that direction, but his house is not being filmed) and at one point I thought he was going to try and follow me in. I turned and blocked the door and told him that I want nothing to do with him, his family or his son and no one in my family wants anything to do with them. I think I made the point quite clear as he skulked off back into his house.

I was quite angry at the time, not that I showed this, and I am now quite bemused, if my son had robbed someone (God forbid) I think I would have half killed him, profusely apologised and offered some form of reparation, nothing like this has happened, in fact quite the opposite, apparently now we are persecuting him, and far from apologising, it appears as if he thinks we are in the wrong for getting burgled. I did suggest that perhaps if he feels persecuted then he should move away, but he seemed disinclined to acquiesce to my request.

Oh well, I wish I could help him but to be fair, I really don't want to.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.