Well another week has passed since we made our weary way up to fat club. This week was slightly different, we all felt a little bit better about ourselves. We met with Dan and Kellie, parked the car up and walked the mile and a bit down to fat club! Now when I say walked, what I mean is Dan and I walked at our pace (as we don't wear heels and have legs the length of a small ostrich) and then stopped at every corner for the girls to catch up.
We got to fat club and there was no queue to weigh in! result! So we paid our money, and made our way past the "You must by this branded bar" table to the scales. That is where the good mood ended. Kellie weighed in first, and Kerry and I (who were still buying the bars, magazine, raffle tickets etc) felt the change in atmosphere from 50 feet away. I can only liken it to the scenes out of The Day after Tomorrow. When the cold arrives and everything is instantly frozen, the temperature drops about 300 million degrees in an instant, that's what it felt like. Dan then jumped on and the bell rang, just to add insult to injury. Kerry weighed in, and then myself.
The fantastic 4 as we are now calling ourselves (somehow I ended up being the thing... go figure) weighed in with an impressive loss of 12.5 lbs this week! This brings our total weight loss up to 64.5lbs for the group!!! That's 29.25Kilos for the metrics out there! Or 4 stone 8.5lbs for the English out there. As parents of 8 Children between us, that is one of our children in weight we have lost! (Which would be handy)
The girls did not have there finest week, they stuck to the diet and they exercised and had a lower weight loss than they were expecting, but they did have a weight loss! It is headed in the right direction and if they were not then there would be a problem. However, you try and tell Kerry and Kellie that! Go on, I dare you! Us lads, well we ruled the roost again, this week it was Dan's turn to take the slimmer of the week prize with a weight loss of 6 lbs. I followed him up with a weight loss of 5lbs. So well done Dan!! Keep it up mate!! (I'm so winning that sticker next week).
So, 3 weeks in and I have lost 31.5lbs (2 Stone 3.5 lbs, or 14.29 Kilos) which from my starting weight is 7.5% of my body mass. Which is not bad going for a less than a month!


Got to run off to work, will blog later....

Today's thought....
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.