Although I have blogged quite regularly the last few weeks has seen a slow down in my posting, life has been hurtling around my family and me at 1000mph and I just have not had the time to sit down and post...

Firstly, an update on Grandad, he is OK, still very shaky on his feet, still in pain with his back and finding it hard to get comfortable. He has to go back to the Dr's and see what they can do to help. He has lost a lot of weight in the past year and his appetite has dwindled. His memory is not what it used to be either. All in all, not his best year, however, he is still an awesome man and I love him fiercely. I am still afraid of what will (and to be honest, to all of us) happen and enjoy as much time as I can with him at the moment.

Mum, is not well either, she has recently been diagnosed with ME and has been medically retired from work. She is also in a lot of pain (when mum says a lot, she means a lot!), the strange thing is, its the leg she should have no feeling in, so either the nerve damage is recovering (some 20 years down the line) or it is phantom pain. Either way she is back on crutches and trying to look after Grandad.

Kerry is as usual, my rock. Don't get me wrong, she moans at me a lot, normally for things I should have done, could have done, would have done, She gets stressed out very easily and I don't understand that, of course I get into bad moods from time to time and snap back, but all in all she is still my rock and I give her as much of a hard time as she gives me. I love her so much and I think she is the most amazing person in the world. She balances work, home life and the children in a way that leaves me stunned as when I try and help or do it, it always goes wrong.

Callum, what can I say about Callum? Well he is a polite and articulate young 14 year old, at least that's what we get told. We get the usual grunts and moans and give get me buy me I wants as all parents do. I have a couple of surprises up my sleeve for Callum over the next few months and I really hope he enjoys them and rises to the challenge... watch this space!

Kathleen.... Has just turned 11, we went out and had a meal together with some of her friends. Apparently parties are so childish... I am constantly floored by Kathleen, I am trying so hard to let her go and make her own way and accept what it is she wants, (especially clothes) however, she is 11 and my little girl and I know better than most what boys can be like. Its scary, I think I will end up in prison over this one!

Brandon, the little whirlwind that he is. Brandon makes me smile and laugh nearly every day. Never likes doing what he is told, always argues back and throws a tantrum like you wouldn't believe! All that being said, he is loving and kind and has a big heart. He has a quick brain and is quite intelligent, he will break some hearts and his quick brain gives me some headaches, even if he does only hear what he wants to.

Albert is a year old next week, I don't know where the time has gone. He has developed his own personality which seems a mix of all the children's but has a lot of Kerry and I's traits. He appears to have my temper and Kerry's patience (not a good mix!) and likes to get his own way. He seems quite bright and is into everything although lazy and wont walk, although I am sure he can. I would not mind betting he is dancing and moon walking across the lounge when no one is watching!

Diet, well, the last 2 weeks have been hard on Kerry and I. It is party season within our families and we have strayed from the path. That being said we both managed a loss last week and we have a weigh in tonight. I am fairly sure we will not have lost anything this week, but who knows? Kerry is looking great and everyone has noticed her figure changing (except Kerry of course).

So that's the brief update in a nutshell.... I will try and post more and a little more frequently... Really enjoying life at the moment, even if that does seem to include a crap load of DIY (which I hate) but with the help and guidance of the Father-In-Law I am sure we will get there.

Stay safe....

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.